Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are You Not That Informed, Yourself?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on September 26, 2001 01:21:32 UTC

Yes, of course what I said is a huge simplification of what really happened. However, the Archduke Ferdinand's death was the spark that started WWI. The treaty of WWI directly led to WWII. The holocaust was only possible in time of war and therefore directly related to WWII. If the Treaty of Versailles was much more forgiving to Germany, perhaps WWII would never of happened! Anti-semitism fever was throughout Europe in the 1800's and through the 1900's. However, anti-semitism still exists.

But my point was, through simplification, that the murder of the Archduke led to the holocaust being possible. I know that Hitler didn't exterminate the Jewish in response to the Archduke's murder. However, one did lead to the other, rather directly. My point is that one small action today can mean devestation tomorrow.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins