Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jisbond, I Hope You Can Answer This

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on September 23, 2001 20:25:09 UTC

One problem the US has is that there are probably terrorists ready to strike in the nation already. They are just waiting to strike. Therefore attack bin Laden wouldn't help us because that could be the cue the terrorists are waiting for.

So that leaves me searching for solutions. Pretty difficult because we are in a very awkard and unique situation. Therefore this may rely on a unique solution.

So I've come to the solution of playing on the religion of the terrorists. How do we do this???

I say that the United States, on international television confess there sins throughout history. That we admit the wrongs on the Mexican War, treatment of the Native Americans, dropping of the A-Bombs, etc... We don't forget a thing. Our enemies believe we are satan. I feel that if we confess to all nations, of our wrong doings, we may be forgiven in a sense. That Allah would condone the terrorist actions anymore, not that Allah does in the first place, but its what the terrorists believe that matters.

So the question, Jisbond, is whether confessing our sins would call the bluff of the terrorists. Would they lose what they consider their "moral highground" if we confess and "Ask god for forgiveness"?

This is the only solution I can come up with. I actually think it is very creative. Only if it works, though. I realize that Allah isn't calling for these attacks, but what really is true and what the terrorists believe are two seperate ideals. Any thoughts.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins