Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Should I Do Alex?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 21, 2001 11:52:48 UTC

I do not understand a single thing you wrote. "Fourier images" and "train length" sound as cryptic to me as "fifth-species counterpoint" and "resolution of the dominant-seventh" probably sound to you.

So I don't understand physics and I'm too busy following my own interests to spend anytime learning it. But, there's a problem. I need to understand the world, and according to you without understanding physics I cannot understand the world.

What should I do? Take everything you say for granted even if I don't understand it? What if other people have different explanations which sound more true to me? Should I follow them because they sound true, or should I follow you because you sound so authoritative?

For instance, Dick's explanation of the uncertainty principle is a lot simpler than yours, and a lot more reasonable. I'm inclined to accept his opinion, although from Dick's point of view what you and the majority of the physics community says is just Language Removed. So if I trust Dick, would make me an ignorant person?

Help, please!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins