Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
There Is A Right Way To Read History Books And A Wrong Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 15, 2001 01:07:23 UTC

My dear Mario,
You wrote:
"Anything unknown by science is God's realm for some.

Perhaps there is a right way to read history books and a wrong way.

Believers believe that all things known and un-known belongs to Allah (G_D) for all knowledge belongs to Allah (G_D).

Because some one thought that 'the sun was thought to be the wheels of Apollo's chariot, or was pushed by Ra, or so on' did not make the fact they are all controlled by the will/system of Allah (G_D) untrue or unreal. It just showed that those who thought in this way were in error because they did not have enough knowledge about the science that Allah (G_D) gave to them and the existence of another science, the Science of Allah (G_D) which only Allah (G_D) knows and no one shares this science with Allah (G_D) because that is what separates us from our creator, the same Allah, (G_D).

You wrote:
"As the strength of our knowledge increases, the perceived strength of God decreases."

This has not applied to me or to billions of other people too. As a matter of fact I about a year ago I listed large list of name of modern day and older scientists who, before they died they confessed to the existence of G_D.

You wrote:
"Consider: Would a geologist believe the world to be 6000 years old? Most likely not. And would an electrical engineer believe that lightning is thrown by God? Probably not."

What you are describing is the way some, who believe in the creator, may have poorly described because of a lack of knowledge at that time. It is important that the same people contributed to science through their inquisitiveness or inquiries. Perhaps you would like to read history books with a mindset that might give more credit to our ancestors who paved the way for our current understanding of the world(s) in as much as they knew the law of causality except that they had very little to go on so they would describe things in a way that may have been understood better for the mindset of the people of that time.

With Much Love and Understanding,

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins