Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Like It Was In Slow Motion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rob on September 12, 2001 03:46:52 UTC

Like it was slow motion

Today, the worst day was like it was in slow motion.

The news kept coming, it was amazing how clear and how much of a blur it was.

A surreal fog had blanketed the world. Yet opened our eyes.

Your personal problems became silent, but even though you were not in the planes or the buildings, you took it personally.

There is so much you wish to say, there is so much you would like to do, yet we stand frozen, in awe, watching, helpless.

Not knowing, is it over, is it just the beginning, or is it the end. Yet we know life must go on. It's hard. It's frustrating.

The pain is so great. It has numbed.

It has tested us, our inner core beliefs, we don't want to kill, yet we want justice, we want retribution. All to keep and preserve life, and maintain peace. That doesn't make sense. Confusing, because it feels right, yet against our grain, our inner grain. But it must stop. When will it.

I can't wait til 11:59:59 passes on this 11th day of September, 2001. Though I want it to end. Though I want to forget. Though I want for it to never happen again.

The emotional shockwave rides through this day. Like it was in slow motion.

I am hurt, I am sad, I am confused, I am sick, I am tired, and I am trying to cope...

Internal struggle coping with the external struggle.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins