Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nothing Worth Saying

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 12, 2001 17:36:54 UTC

Mario,

I tried to write a reply to you, but I must have sketched six or eight messages and found no one worth posting. I can hardly comment on anything without disregarding the true drama of the situation. On one hand the problem is of international politics and cheap oil, on the other hand it's about mothers and fathers and children and friends whose absence from this world will cause more pain than many people are able to bear. Sometimes the best thing you can say is nothing at all.

Yesterday, as I was watching live the buildings crumble to dust, everyone around me gasping, some of them crying silent tears, I thought to myself, "God, where the hell are you, why do you allow this kind of thing to happen?". Then I realized that even if God had an explanation to offer, I wouldn't want to hear it. I don't want to think that there's a divine purpose to this madness, I want to feel as sad and confused as everyone else. I felt as if the best thing I could do to help the world would be to share some of its pain into myself. But, boy, does it hurt.

I'm sure life will go on. As they said in a movie, "it always does, until it doesn't"

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins