Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Loop Quantum Gravity Answer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Clerk on June 19, 2004 18:08:19 UTC

Space is the weave of quantum loops together. These loops are somewhat like the strings that are particles in string theory. For a layman like myself, we may think of the loops as the particles of space, the smallest units out of which space is constructed. Time seems to be handled the same way, but I am less certain about that from what I read. So the uncertainty principle applies to space itself, not just to particles in space.

In string theory, on the other hand, OTOH, space is an assumption in which particles move around. Funny that particles can move around an assumption, but from what I see that seems to be the case. Perhaps a physicist on this forum like wanda could correct my perception.

J

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins