Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What I Mean

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gfjhgvfgb on June 22, 2004 11:37:59 UTC

What I say and what I think is that there is a fundamental difference between physical and mathematical laws(axioms,rules)so physical laws can not be viewed as derived from,mathematical that's why physical formulas are PHYSICAL RELATIONS between PHYSICAL parameters WHOSE FORMULATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MATHEMATICAL AXIOMS.Mathematics is useful because its subject are the numbers.The goal of mathematics is to describe the universe of numbers not the physical one.So what I think is that the mathematical theorems like the incompleteness one that you used in your previous posts have nothing to with the physical system of axioms-the physical laws.As far as your question about temperature is concerned I only want to say that the numbers we use to describe temperature are quantities ultimately detemined by the physical laws of nature not by the axioms of mathematics.The concepts of mathematics are useful just when we are dealing with only the very numbers and meaning they give the physical concept behind them.They are not detemining the very physical laws they are just a representation of them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins