Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Actually, Just A Tad!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on September 4, 2001 20:19:38 UTC

Harv,

I am sorry, but I am personally of the opinion that you do not have the intellectual ability to follow my thoughts. Please don't take this as an insult; I simply feel that you are so immersed in your own concept of reality that my picture is completely beyond your comprehension. That is, I personally feel that I am, for the most part, wasting my time trying to explain to you what is going on in my head.

You and I have taken rather opposing views of the problem life has put before us. I have always taken it as incumbent upon the listener to comprehend what people mean when they tell of their knowledge. If what they say does not make sense than I presume I did not understand what they said. You seem rather to take the position that it is incumbent upon the speaker to make themselves clear. The problem with your attack is that it does not lead to thought, but rather leads to an attempt to find the answers in other peoples thoughts. If we all took that attack we would still be living in caves.

With regard to your comment concerning "R1":

>>>"Because we have figured out a convenient way of cataloging reality." >"Only actual examination of reality can clarify the question.">"My subconscious is part and parcel of explainable reality.">"One is being rather presumptuous to assume that the set of all possible *models* of reality consists of a single possibility." > is to have precisely defined terms>mean spirited tone (e.g., "Harv's thinking is straight out of the dark ages"). I do think you have 'something', but without clear definitions it is almost impossible to see what exactly.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins