Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Luck!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 10, 2001 04:35:58 UTC

Dick,

Keep in mind that as long as my name or a reference to my posts are mentioned, I feel I have a right to clarify and support my position if I see the need to do so.

>>>I am sorry, but I am personally of the opinion that you do not have the intellectual ability to follow my thoughts. Please don't take this as an insult; I simply feel that you are so immersed in your own concept of reality that my picture is completely beyond your comprehension. That is, I personally feel that I am, for the most part, wasting my time trying to explain to you what is going on in my head.>>I define mathematics as the study of internally self consistent systems.... It follows almost by definition that any decent mental model of anything must be an internally self consistent system. So if you find a decent working model, it will be mathematical! There is no "haunting" question here!>That is simply because you do not understand abstract logic nor what I have presented. If you understood what I have presented, you would also see that there exists no evidence what so ever for *cause* of any kind; it is no more than a figment of your imagination.>When I define reality as "a set of numbers", the concept is completely abstract and covers anything you can think of.!>>And I am also fairly sure you will not understand Harv, so forget about me and what I have done: just go back to arguing religion. You will have a lot more fun.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins