Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Welcome

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on March 8, 2002 16:14:14 UTC

But why supernatural?
Does your 'system of beliefs' satisfies the moral and scientific needs of a modern human society?
It's hard for me to understand why one should look for something that could be understood only by a few people on the whole planet?
Even the philosophy (infact theology; since philosophy is the critical examination of fundamental beliefs and can't be extended to construct a comprehensive way of life and a system of morality) of all religions on earth is only mastered by a few scholars. The billions of other followers are simply a victim to 'memes'(as Dawkins puts it).

My father runs a shop. He has an assistant who is totally an illiterate person. He has no worries about science and religion. He doesn't know if something like science is carried out in the world. There are millions of people like him in Pakistan and India. What about such people? What will I tell Jahangir (the assistant) about a religion based on some obscure kind of matter which he can't even 'see' in the conventional sense?
But leaving all that, I won't mind a bird's eye view of your beliefs. The importance of a belief or a system of beliefs must be explained, first.

Yasir.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins