Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Importance Of A Belief

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 14, 2002 14:43:23 UTC

I do not think that morality can be based on physics or astronomy. It can be based on scientific investigation. But the results of such investigation are normally referred to as socialogy or psychology, or even anthropology and history.

History can tell us how to avoid war. But what tells us that war should be avoided. After all war is the backbone of the theory of evolution. The idea that all men and women are equal and have equal rights is the opposite of evolutionary science. Eugenics is consistent with evolution. But modern democracy finds eugenics to be taboo.

So I see science as inconsistent with modern morality. Science can tell us what exists and that is very important to know. But how we behave once we know what exists is a matter of non-scientific principles like thou shalt not kill, all men are created equal, thou shalt not lie, etc. These principles are beliefs.
\\\\\\\
With regard to the supernatural, science has already identified materials that are supernatural. These materials have the correct properties for a supernatural world that could provide existence after death.

I believe that it is very important to know if such a world exists as that knowledge then guides how one conducts one's life. So far, our knowledge of such a world is entirely subjective, being provided for the most part via revelation- beings in the supernatural world talking to humans. Some very detailed descriptions are available in Swedenborgs writings and the writings of theosophy.

But all that can be dismissed as unscientific. So that is why I am interested in finding mechanisms that make a supernatural world a scientific possibility. I believe that dark matter, which is 95% of the mass of the universe, possesses a superfluid of axion particles that has information carrying capacity, and being frictionless, the infomation can be stored for a considerable time.

I also believe that the axion medium is coupled to the human physical consciousness, though I can only postulate the coupling mechanism. The best theory of human or physical consciousness is based on Frolich's hypothesis that membrane dipoles act as a bose-einstein condensate at room temperature when energized. Remove the energy and you fall asleep. But sleeping consciousness exists, and I believe it exists in dark matter which permeates everything, our bodies, the earth and the whole solar system and galaxy. There are 10 billion billion axion particles for every electron in the universe, so there are more than enough partricles for dark matter to act like a superfluid locally.

I have two questions for you to consider:

1. How do you derive morality from science, and

2. If you were to believe that afterlife exists, how would that change your behavior?

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins