Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Stress And Stuff...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rich on January 10, 2001 14:13:44 UTC

Well, the reason why they aren't stressed is probably because there is no reason to be stressed. 1) They may be delusional and think all else is fine, though I'd think not in the majority. 2) They probably realize that it doesn't matter. They have shelter, food, and people around them. No matter what stupid thing they do, they will be taken care of. There is no risk. When there is no risk, there indolence.
The children's ward is what scares me. Alright, it all scares me, not that I've been to an elderly ward, not stating I've been institutionalized, but rather visiting multiple members of family. Inhale, exhale. Phew, that was a mouthful. The problem with the children's ward is that it looks so happy and fuzzy and stuff. You have the toys, the children playing during playtime which happens to be visiting time. Its all a scherade. These kids aren't happy. Some beat on themselves, some on others. Some get shock treatment, some are woken up at 2 in the morning for brain wave tests. Some will never leave. Some will that shouldn't. These places are over crowded. Under staffed. The staff they have is incompetant. They can't follow up. These places are monstrous.
Its so amazing to me. We think we have all of these advantages these days and that all is well. And we do! We don't die of simple diseases anymore. We've got this internet thing. I can watch as many as 10 hockey games a night on Directv. On the mental front though, we've just barely scratched the surface and we can't even see the mark. I've heard many people say that we should just lock these people up in these hospitals. Christians are usually the ones that say that. They don't know. They can't comprehend. They don't want to. Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is a blessing. Most people say they care, but don't realize what it would take to effectively care. And now with this Bush monarchy, mental health progress will be slashed, dashed, and burned. Accountability! If they can't understand what is wrong, why shouldn't they still pay? Or lets just put them in the closet. Its easier for us. Ramble ramble ramble.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins