Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Enter At Own Risk, Anyone But Rich :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 10, 2001 23:41:03 UTC

a) not the majority of delusionals are stress-free. And we sometimes make mistake combining their lack of "our stresses" (job, commute, caretaking) with our lack of experience with theirs: abuse at the hands of their caretakers, isolation, loneliness, being locked up, having to sell home to pay, etcetcetc.
b) as for the kids, i only know of a former co-worker who once worked in kids ward and nearly became an alcoholic for not being able to cope with seeing how well the kids would adjust to a sense of self-worth and humane treatment over months only to be returned to an animal state over the course of a weekend visit. i think the Alliance for the Mentally Ill is trying to make it mandatory for outpatients to take their meds due to the overhousing problem, etc. i know my step was released due to overcrowding, got violent after being off meds, got arrested, woulda been jailed/inst'd a long while had my atty stepmom not intervened and got him into her custody cuz he was also suicidal. that sorta took 'care' of THAT side of my family in one swell foop. in my tenure, i can't say i know more about the illness, but more readily RECOGNIZE IT. totally different issue, and i agree with you. hey, guys, i gave fair warning, didn't i? :) g ps how did i know this was offshoot of your earlier question to me waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy down there? wanna triscuit and brie?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins