Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Why All The Tension?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by pmb on February 15, 2000 14:05:54 UTC

: I think that we all know that we are here because we want to discuss things that are interesting to us. Why must we fight about who is right and who is wrong?

It seems tbat this happens for several reasons. For the most, part I think people have a difficult time when people disagree with them. Also the internet doesn't allow for complete communication. Alot gets lost in writing, People write one thing and someone may read it the wrong way depending on what they expect the person to mean.

: We must realize that 1000 years ago, .... 50 years from now, I bet a whole lot of present physics theory is going to look like utter stupidity to the people then.

May not take that long. This kind of bickering only happens in internet forums (for the most part). I've only met one physicist who ever yelled at me for asking a question. The question had to do with superluminal (i.e. faster than light) communication. I wanted to bounce it off of someone else. He said the old "nothing can travel faster than light.." When I started to explain myself he started yelling and walked off. Oh well. He probably has belived that for too long and found it impossible to consider anything else. He had probably thought he had thought of everything. Oh well. I ran across the very same concept a few months ago in the literature. There are more and more articles appearing on it nowadays.

Not too long agao simply asking what happened before thebig bang was meaningless. Now it's seems very reasonable to ask it. And it may very well be that the universe is infinitely old.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins