Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lets Make A Deal. You Stay Away From The Forums I Post At And I'll Stay Away From The Forums You Post At.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Zephram Cochrane/">Zephram Cochrane on February 16, 2000 13:38:04 UTC

:There I said that I wouldn't read messages written byt spammers and look what I've done. I read that one.

ZC: See... You're the one who has come here to be insulting. Leave me alone. Stop following me around.

: But first a lesson in trying to keep an open mind. Take this as a suggestion and not as an insult....

ZC: I'll take it as it was intended, an insult.

:I notice that you take corrections and differences in opinions as either insults or something other than intended

ZC: You have never corrected me.

:As you would say zc you misunderstood what I wrote or you simply posted off topic. Otherwise I see no point for that post.

ZC: I have not.

: But if you were trying to explain why nothing canb travel faster than light then you need to step back and first ask why someone would say such a thing instead of repeating what I stated (it was imnplied that I knew it - hence what I meant by "I tried to explain it") If you read my post carefully you saw me use the term superluminal communication. That is the key word communication. Not travel. Big difference.

ZC: No, there is no difference in your own context. Nonlocality is not travel in the sense you were using it and has nothing to do with what you asked. You said, "The question had to do with superluminal (i.e. faster than light) communication." Direct quote, cut and past. Have I misquote one single word???

: Another important aspect is the nothing is traveling faster than light (FTL)!!! Only information.

ZC: That's backwards. Information was not traveling faster than light.

: Tachyons are a bit different phenomena. Normally one assumes that nothing can travel faster than light since it takes an infinite amount of energy to get to c, never mind faster than c.

ZC: I never said anything about infinite energies.

: Can EPR-correlation's be used for the transmission of superluminal signals? P. Mittelstaedt, Annalen der Physik (Leipzig)7(1998)7-8, 710-715,

ZC: Answer---No.

: Try to keep an open mind. Comes in handy if you want to work in science.

ZC: Again another insult. You know full well than I already am a physicist. : Now, back to scilent more for me as far as zc is concerned - this is only to avoid reading your rude comments i.e. everyother phrase is "you misunderstood" instead of "what do you mean?" If you disagree with someone zc why not simply ask them?

Better idea. Lets simply stay in separate forums altogether.

: Now I imagine you'll go back to your spamming mode? I hope you have fun. I foresee you having a lot of work for yourself in this area in the comming years. Good luck.

ZC: Again another insult. Go away.

• http://www.delphi.com/sciandpara

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins