Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nothing.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tomislav Strelar on February 8, 1999 09:24:54 UTC

Thank you for reply, Human I.

: : So it exists because we exist and vice versa.

: This is (i think), two-dividing thinking, vice versa.

: I see, that space not exist, because we exist. : Space exist, hmm, only.

I didn't mean space like empty space. I meant universum. This is somehow connected with our illusion of time. In reality time doesn't flow, but we, being a temporally assimetrical beings we are, feel like time flows. But time is a dimension identical to our well known 3 dimensions and it exists within them. What I mean is, in reality, there is no future or past. When you draw a line on paper, that like doesn't have future or past. Same would be with a square or circle in 2D, or sphere, a ball in 3D,and finnaly a universum with matter which is "flowing" or travelling in time, that is 3space+1time=4D.

As you see, space is not exactly emptyness. It is just an empty 4D paper where all of the matter is drawn. Without that 4D paper (i.e. that "emptyness") matter wouldn't be a possibility.

So I think it is logical to say: we are here because of space, and space is here because of us, because this IS exactly the SAME THING, just like you said:

: Space, matter, dont have two side. : Like electric. : It is only 'one type' on electrons, which flows at copper-wire. : Positive and negative, are same kind of thing. : We have named it so, because our two-thinking(dualism etc.).

: Matter exist and we exist.

Now, the other thing:

: Emptyness is place without matter.

But you can't exactly say that because you are disregarding time. You can say that emptyness is a place (a portion of space) without matter IN PARTICULAR MOMENT OF TIME. So that statement is relative with time. Claim that emptyness is a place without matter is an absolute statement, and as we know from Einstein's relativity only the speed of light is absolute, so that claim must be false.

What I mean is, you cannot know whether something eventually will get within that portion of space you are observing. So that "emptyness" may, and may not be empty in 4D spacetime reality.

Now those were some of my thoughts. Concerning the other things you wrote, I couldn't agree with you more. It really doesn't matter why. :O)

We are here just like this, It really doesn't matter why. World is here just like it is, We could laugh, or we could cry.

Is it good or is it bad, Right, or maybe wrong, With no use of being sad. Without a purpose within a song.

Thanx for reading. PEACE & Happyness. Tomislav

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins