Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reason!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte/">nåte on December 12, 1998 20:41:15 UTC

I think therfore I am...true.

I am therfore I think...true.

I am because I think? I don't think so...

I am not existing because I think. However, I know I am existing because I think...

In other words, my existance is not reliant on whether I think or not, but proof of my existance becomes relevant because I do...

Likewise, my emotions and spiritual longing stem from a deeper chasm than my flesh can support. I, Nathan Cross, have found reason and a purpose beyond what rationalism can find or attempt to answer.

The path of rational thinking is not corrupt. However, the path of rationalism is. I have never disputed rational thinking; to question all that exists, existed or will exist. To think is to be human. God never shunned free thought. He even encourages us to test the truth. I can assure you I am not closeminded. I have leaped bounds in my faith in God due to my thought and lack of blind faith. God has rewarded me with his assurance in my heart of his eternal existance and my eternal purpose.

I believe it is in total blindness to be in the trap of rationalism. Because rationalism cannot deal with purpose. It is true we are human thinkers and wonderers, that is a truelly remarkeable gift; what a better way to promote free will than to let one think for him/herself.

Rationalist who so choose to label Theists or Deists as irrational are themselves irrational, due to the following:

Rationalism attempts to answer the mysteries of the mind; the endless pursuit of questions that demand answers. The unfortunate problem is that Rationalism will only work in 3 dimensions. Rationalism quickly fails and falls apart when dealing with questions of eternal purpose. I myself used to be a rationalist, untill I discovered that my life has much more meaning and purpose than modern science can explain.

: I am wrong. True. : Rationalism is an infinite pathway of mistakes- : leading to a truth that may not exist.

this sounds contradictory. How would it lead you to a truth that never existed in the first place? Answer: It was and could never be the the truth initially!

Rationalism: The belief that everything can be explained in a rationalistic manner. That if we think about it enough, we will come to understanding of why it is...

Fact: We cannot understand and will not be able to understand, through rationalising, why we are here and what is our purpose... Questions of purpose require something that goes beyond rationalism; This is faith.

More is revealed in your spirit when your faith matures. Likewise your faith matures when more is revealed to you spiritually.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins