Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Thinking Reed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by nåte/">nåte on December 15, 1998 01:47:51 UTC

It seems from reading your reply that your own rationalism, ironically, has lead you down a path of irrationality.

Your thinking is a bit random; maybe just interpretation, but I find your own ideas rather sparce and your impersonal quotes overbearing.

anyway, i think we've come to a point of agreeing to disagree. Its usually inevitable, but subjects such as ours have a way of 'dead ending'. Not to say that we don't enlighten eachother's thoughts, but as far as convincing one way or another, its usually not feasible.

However, I do enjoy such a debate and would like to continue off and on in the future. :)

I will like to conclude saying stating the following:

It seems as though the thought process that promotes a rationalist mindset is ironically not boundless as its philosophy would rather idealize itself. If you say you have a open mindset; a brainstorm that is unbridled, why is it you claim an absolute; a creator that does not exist?

In so doing, aren't you implying an absolute truth in itself stating such a "fact"? How is it that you know this?

I find that a rather biased mindset rather than openmindedness. The more I study, the more I am convinced of how some that stand for nothing will fall for anything. This applies in many areas; morally, and as individuals quest for their destiny. Many will run from the truth and deny its existance. Why you ask? Because the truth brings to light who they really are and how sinful they have become. "Men choose to be in darkness lest their deeds be exposed in the light."

If our thinking is not grounded in objective truth then subjective reason will inevitably follow. Rationalism is an infinite pursuit of truth and purpose, its only yield... human wisdom. It only deals with ideals as far as man can see. Rationalism is blindness because it fails to answer what we seek. The truth we seek lies not where we search, nor where we've looked. The truth is revealed by faith and in asking. Yes, its that simple.

If you choose to believe that man is god, you will disagree with me.

Remember, in my closing. Probably the most important of all...

"Faith is not mindless or ignored, it reaches beyond the mind and is rewarded."

Peace be with you and Godbless

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins