Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Thinking Reed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Seeqer/">Seeqer on December 17, 1998 20:08:11 UTC

: It seems from reading your reply that your own : rationalism, ironically, has lead you down a path of irrationality.

: Your thinking is a bit random; maybe just : interpretation, but I find your own ideas rather : sparce and your impersonal quotes overbearing.

: anyway, i think we've come to a point of agreeing : to disagree. Its usually inevitable, but subjects : such as ours have a way of 'dead ending'. Not to : say that we don't enlighten eachother's thoughts, : but as far as convincing one way or another, its usually : not feasible.

: However, I do enjoy such a debate and would like to : continue off and on in the future. :)

: I will like to conclude saying stating the following:

: It seems as though the thought process that promotes : a rationalist mindset is ironically not boundless : as its philosophy would rather idealize itself. : If you say you have a open mindset; a brainstorm : that is unbridled, why is it you claim an absolute; : a creator that does not exist?

: In so doing, aren't you implying an absolute truth : in itself stating such a "fact"? How is it that : you know this?

: I find that a rather biased mindset rather than : openmindedness. The more I study, the more I am convinced : of how some that stand for nothing will fall for : anything. This applies in many areas; morally, and : as individuals quest for their destiny. Many will : run from the truth and deny its existance. Why you : ask? Because the truth brings to light who : they really are and how sinful they have become. : "Men choose to be in darkness lest their deeds be : exposed in the light."

: If our thinking is not grounded in objective truth : then subjective reason will inevitably follow. : : Rationalism is an infinite pursuit of truth and : purpose, its only yield... human wisdom. It only deals : with ideals as far as man can see. Rationalism is : blindness because it fails to answer what we seek. : The truth we seek lies not where we search, nor where : we've looked. The truth is revealed by faith and in : asking. Yes, its that simple.

: If you choose to believe that man is god, : you will disagree with me.

: Remember, in my closing. Probably the most important : of all...

: "Faith is not mindless or ignored, it reaches : beyond the mind and is rewarded."

: Peace be with you and Godbless

Dear Nate: I only wanted to say that I very much enjoyed reading your reparte with The Voice of Reason. It was like watching the left lobe arguing faith verses the right lobe, arguing reason. I believe that if there was a winner of the debate, it was you. However I may be biased, since I too, believe in the neccesity of faith in something outside of ourselves and the visible world. Whatever your range of vision may be.

Your friend: Seeqer

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins