Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Glad You Agree.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 19, 2004 20:32:43 UTC

My answers are in ()

The amount of space rotation is minuscle away from the object and relatively small compared to object spin near the object. It is incorrect to think that space rotates at the same rate as the object. The galaxy surrounding the black hole did not rotate with the black hole.

(Yes, you are correct, it is minuscule, which is why I stipulated that the entire galaxy accelerated to have a measurable effect on the mass body which remained.)

To answer your original question, if the entire galaxy were to accelerate in a given direction, any object left behind at most would be dragged in the same direction- not the opposite direction.

(You are, of course, right again. The object would be dragged along in the direction of the galaxy movement, so to remain stationary it must accelerate in a direction opposite the direction of the galaxy movement.)

And to answer your question about my path. Yes. I have found what I have been looking for. I am in heaven. When I die, if ever, I will just go back to work.

(I have long considered that to be happy with where you are is the only way to be happy, and you seem to have found that. - I am happy for you - No pun intended. )

So the next question is

If the entire observable universe were to accelerate a magnitude ‘A’.
Mass ‘M’ which remained stationary must experienced an acceleration ‘A’ in an opposite direction to remain stationary to prevent it from being dragged along with the universe.
Then it could be said
If mass ‘M’ is accelerated magnitude ‘A’ and the universe remains stationary per our coordinate system.
Inertia is a response of mass ‘M’ to the apparent acceleration of the universe as mass M assumes it is stationary and the universe is accelerating according to mass ‘M’s coordinate system.

You may have to read the last paragraph a few times to get you mind around it. I did.

Then again perhaps not.

Duane

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins