Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
PS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on October 22, 2004 22:32:50 UTC

It is interesting that we are discussing entangled particles.
The argument that quantum mechanics are based on requires a photon to be independent and have random properties.
This limits the measurements which can be taken to one measurement.
In the case of entangled particles there is a physical relation between the two particles and spin of one particle can be determined from the measurement of the other particle.
If the spin of a photon is known by the measurement if its entangled partner then a second property can be determined by measuring the unmeasured partner. In this way two measurements can be taken. Violating the second quantum premise without violating the logic it was based on.

I would say that I think all theory is useful as long as one does not forget the premise it was based on.
If we follow theory blindly we become its slave, and it becomes our master.

Boy that was good, I hope I can remember that one when I need it someday.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins