Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Naked Singularity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gfjhgvfgb on June 2, 2004 16:31:41 UTC

I'm glad you asked this question.Because the event horizon hides the singularity it can not be observed but we can clearly see the singularity problem in GR.Its a REAL PROBLEM and here is the REAL SOLUTION-the singularity is nothing.So,if you don't have a better idea it is a viable concept.And a better idea here means a way to PROVE GR wrong,a new better theory based on observational evidence that solves the singularity problem-can you show me one or a concept simpler than nothing or at least such that explains what prevents the reaching of infinite curvature or explains what happens with the laws of physics when infinite curvature is reached.If all the singularities observable TODAY are in black holes I really can't provide observational evidence TODAY.But consider another singularity-the one of the Big Bang-how could it has created all the matter and energy in the universe.There are some theories that doesn't need a singularity to start a Big Bang but neither of them is PROVED.So what is simpler(you know in science-the simpler the better)a singularity that is nothing so it can create matter because no rules can be applied to the singularity including the conervation laws or a more complicated theory without experimental evidence and without a singularity.On the other hand if we can find a real "naked" singularity we really can PROVE this concept right or wrong experimentally.THE PROVE is simple-because no rules can be applied to the nothing that means that the conservation laws will be violated by the "naked" singularity.That means that all the matter we throw in the singularity will be destroyed and if we OBSERVE a creation of matter by the naked singularity then the concept is proven if no rules can be applied to the process of creation of matter.On the other hand if we can't find any naked singularities we can not prove it experimentally but that still oes not mean that the conept is wrong.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins