Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wait, Are You Saying There's A Hole In The Earth?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on June 11, 2003 19:19:29 UTC

"That is as long as the hole does not collapse. At the center there is no gravitational force. But if the hole collapses you will be crushed. Is that what you meant?"

So, by this statement, you mean the "hole" in the center of the Earth right? 'Cause you said you were talking about the center of the Earth. But you used the word "hole" twice so forgive me if I'm just a skotch in the dark.

Oh yeah, about the universe and the shape of it, I don't remember saying that National Geographic HAD pictures of the shape of the universe. I remember saying they had an interesting article on the topic, and I remember saying that they had some "interesting pictures" which is a lie - they're computorized images of radio scans - but I never remember saying that "National Geographic has photagraphs of the shape of the universe".

Lysithea

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins