Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The GA Is Hidden Out Past The Milky Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 19, 2002 01:08:04 UTC

core in extra-galactic space, if it exists at all. I think everyone here knows that. Just how far it is, I don't know. But you answered the Q in that Doppler is the measured parameter. I say the motion is not due to any so-far unidentified GA, but is merely local turbulence in one of the arms of the universe.

If redshift is due to Expansion, you are quite correct, but I say it is due to Wave-Dispersion, and the universe is in stable orbit about its own center of mass, except for slight in-spiraling.

"The stars and clusters close enough to the earth to get such measurements indicate a linear dependence of redshift on distance which is proof, so astronomers think, of an expanding universe." Thank you very much for qualifying that. Now I like you.

"Certain quasars provide an independent measurement of distance and redshift. That dependence is linear out to 10 billon light years, which includes all of the supercluster. Beyond that the measurements indicate that the red shift is less than linear, indicating that the expansion rate is greater now than 10-15 billion years ago."

You're speaking of quasars rather than Ia Supernovas, I take it. Ok, no matter. The question is: How does light that started traveling 10+ billion years ago tell us what is going on "now". All we really "know" is that the redshifting of that very old light, WAS apparently non-linear with distance at the time it was emitted. If that is not so now in the comparative observation of closer sources, then the Expansion is slowing down!! Does this not follow what we would expect from the transition of Inflation to Expansion? (You heard it here first.) Is that a stampede I hear headed for the phones to win the Nobel Prize? I printed this off complete with opposition arguments.

But I say it is in general error anyway. Redshift is from e-m Wave-Dispersion in the aether, not Expansion of the "fabric of space" that fills "empty space".

Please do not quote me out of context.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins