Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Right On

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 22, 2002 02:51:39 UTC

"And there should also be a public forum for input from the general public on cosmology and theoretical physics, especially where people outside of the power holders are yet stakeholders with no say. "

I can imagine it now, millions of people with their OWN opinion about what the cosmological model should be. That oughta give science a boost. Hey, I've got another idea. Let's have people vote on how to do open-heart surgery. What could be more comforting for a patient than knowing they were in the hands of the voters of the USA?

Furthermore, I think scientists should be strung up and beaten if they can't get past the speed of light. How dare they let nature tell them what they can and can't do? They're not pleasing the public. Finally, we need to do something about this poverty thing. Let's find out who's responsible for that and put them in a prison camp. I am an American, dammit, I demand satisfaction!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins