Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Self-indulgence Fuels Pseudologic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on September 18, 2001 00:32:57 UTC

Howdy Harv,

>>>”My opinion is that skepticism needs a more clear framework. By moving into areas of philosophy the 'skeptic' (as this word is generally used as a skeptic of pseudoscience and false views of science) is on weak footing. Skepticism of this kind works best when it stays within a scientific framework but stumbles badly when it tries to address metaphysical issues which are addressed by philosophy. The reason is that when you challenge philosophy you must challenge it on philosophical ground.”>” I want to know if Pythagorean's theorem is the reason that nature is mathematical in a particular respect.”

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins