Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Got A Pretty Silly Question Here...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by MrOKL on February 28, 2001 20:39:21 UTC

If somethin spins on itself...it will exert an outward force doesnt it?

eg. holding a rod and spinning around with it

so how does earth's gravity oppose the centrifugal force that is actually pushing things out?

whatsmore...we have the sun, mars, mercury..etc 's gravity to deal with as well...our spacetime does bend with their mass somehow(as little as it is...IT IS)...which means there's a way in which we are not flying out into space due to centrifugal force...

im not sure if i got the answer(i thought it myself, correct me if im wrong!)

ok...so we are being pushed out by the earth's centrifugal force, the sun and other planet's gravity field, but at the same time we are also being pulled in by the same forces.

sounds funny?
yea cos i tot of it myself.

eg. earth is not pulled into sun because of newton's 3rd law?
the sun's "pulling force" is equivalent to the force which is exerted in the opposite direction as a result of the pulling force, which is centrifugal force.

the sun's elements are not flying out due to the gravity is because they go thru fission and fusion continously to resist the immense gravity.

but what is stopping us from flying out into space when it is the same thin that's is throwin us out?

OK HERE's MY ANSWER(PLS CORRECT ME):

-Earth bends space time around it.
-Which means we are falling into earth in the first place already.
w should not be able to even jump.
We are able to because the earth's rotation is throwing us out which resists the bend in spacetime(gravity).

If this can be applied to the sun, is the sun spinning or not?

I guess not.

So somehow i come to the question of HOW BLACK HOLES MOVE?

my answer would be the same as the solar system.

think of the black hole as another planet around the galaxy but with immense weight(blah blah blah)...so it also moves like the earth around the sun but with faster speed and a monstrous appetite...

i think the centre of the galaxy is a black hole...what i cannot figure out is WHAT HAPPENS WHEN 2 BLACK HOLES MEET?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins