Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For Richard (yanniry? We Have Several Richards Here)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alexander on February 23, 2001 06:07:46 UTC

Richard, you have mentioned that when you reported about turbulence blurring of antimissile laser beam (I presume it was high-apperure pulsed CO2 laser) over several miles air distance and your supervisors tried to keep your mouth shut and shifted your responsibilities: is this due to their stupidity or due to their desire to keep pumping money out of government for as long as possible?

You know, in the USA I learned that sometimes power of money is stronger than common sense (this is what we used to call "capitalistic sharks" or something like that). Or may be some other factors are involved?

Because, you see, it is hard for a scientist to survive in such environment: ater you told the truth a couple time and had adverse consequences, sure next time I would rather keep my mouth shut and would just ask (or guess): what would you like to hear? And a next logical step is kind of "antiscience": falsifying data by destroying "bad" numbers and stretching "good" ones; fogging important issues; writing overoptimistic reports to keep the boss happy, etc.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins