Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Time Travel Via Black Holes And More

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bobby on January 4, 2001 00:43:00 UTC

this forum is very interesting i must say. and i must also say im just a high school student working of a time travel report (mainly on going to the future). wondering if you guys could give me a push in the right direction.

this is what i know;
time travel is possible.

the ways i've discovered thorugh miscelanouse research and what not is that, by traveling at or beyond the speed of light, time moves at a slower pace. so if you where to travel at the speed of light through space for many years you wont have aged much, effectivly putting you in your future. i've also learned this can be done via black holes.
lets say you came up to a black hole, and as time and light travel across the black hole, if you can go around it you can get to the other side before your place in time crosses it thhrough the middle.
also through wormholes (2 black holes connecting to diffrent parts in space and time, right?) by gowing through a wormhole you can get out on the other side in a diffrent part of space and time.

i know this is vague, it is even for me. but any feedback would be great. and if anyone knows good helpfull (i spent 4 hours researching online adn found almost nothing) websites that would be great too.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins