Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: A Thought On Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Giota on November 5, 2000 15:20:26 UTC

Great thought, but i don't agree, my friend... Although a man in my country very familiar and loved once wrote that his universe (time and space) started when he was born!!! Another great scientist wrote that "universe won't exist if there was no witness"!
I want to ask... Is the cat in that box alive or dead??? Is there a pencil on my desk? Will the pencil be there if i was or i was not?
Space and time exist together (In fact more are around, but we can't see them...) either there is a witness or not. The subject i think is that if we don't exist, we can't wonder! I think that was what the two men above were meaning.

Oops and something to laugh (i've just remembered):
Some days ago i read a strange story about a Square that felt in love with a Sphere!!!! Can you imagine that? Of course not... How could a Square 'see' a Sphere? Maybe as an ellipse or a circle when the last was passing through the Square's plane... The Square could never 'see' his real love!!!! $:o(

Great topic indeed!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins