Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought On Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert on November 13, 2000 17:43:24 UTC

Get your spoon out and eat lots 'o salt before readin this.

Time is a constant from a humans point-of-view, always moving forward at the same pace. Seconds, minutes, etc. One could think we are always travelling into the future, or are in the ever-present 'now'.

I did read something interesting when reading the Shifting Theory. Our space-time is a medium which the current known universe resides, outside that medium exists only gravitons. According to the Shifting Theory, when light (and other objects) at the edge of our expanding universe are struck by gravitons, they "Shift" in the direction from which the graviton(s) came. Since light is traveling at a high rate of speed, gravitons mostly only strike the front end of the light, which in theory cause it to move faster.

Whats' my point? The space-time we are familiar with exists differently outside our known universe, thus I could see why you were confused that time is not constant. Or perhaps, you may be applying the principle that the closer matter reaches the speed of light, the observation from the matter is time slowing down. This however, does not change the 'perceived constant' we humans know to be seconds, minutes, etc. Even if time slows to a near stand still for this 'matter' reaching c=mc^2, it is still measured by human time by how far it travels (light years, et al).

-Tchzarmok

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins