Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Typogrphical Correction - Compare

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 7, 2003 11:35:47 UTC

RE: === A born again believer should not reject the New Testament. Christians are to [[weight]] all their “feelings” or “experiences” against the word of God. ===

***Waht a funny answer. What are you thinking***

Yes, this was a funny answer the way it came out.
This was not what I was thinking, but it is what I must have typed.

"weight" should have said "weigh", as in "compare".

A Christian is to compare against the Bible (O.T. and N.T. )

In Judiaism, I thought one was to compare experiences, feeling, teachings with the Old Testament. Nevertheless, I would encourage you to search for your doctrine of transmigration, as I believe you will find it does not align with scripture.

In Ecclesiastes, the scripture indicates that you do not know your appointed time of death(9:12) and your body is going to the grave(9:10) or its long home(12:5) awaiting the resurrection and your spirit returns to God(12:7).

Though men and animals have the breath of life, all their bodies return to dust when the breath is gone, dust to dust(3:3:19-21), but the spirit of animals go down to the earth, as they have no soul(not created in the image of God), but the spirit of a man goeth upward and returns to God.
When your spirit has returned to God, will you leave His presense to transmigrate ? All the teachings, including those of Jesus indicate onw soul, one body. Multiple bodies of transmigration does not fit the resurrection doctrine at all, but you should study the scriptures and draw your own conclusion.

An excerpt from http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=298&letter=T
-----------------------------------------
This doctrine was foreign to Judaism until about the eighth century,when, under the influence of the Mohammedan mystics, it was adopted by the Karaites and other Jewish dissenters. It is first mentioned in Jewish literature by Saadia, who protested against this belief, which at his time was shared by the Yudghanites, or whomsoever he contemptuously designated as "so-called Jews"
-----------------------------------------

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins