Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Now I Understand, You Are Wise.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 9, 2003 15:42:01 UTC

RE: * You gave me a quote that said that the spirit separates from the body and then you claim that the soul and the body are united. You are the one who is illogical. *
We are born in sin. We receive at new spirit when we believe(die to self) and we receive a new body at the resurrection at which time the new spirit and new body are united.
“united” is a verb meant to indicate the opposite of separated. How is this illogical ?

RE: * But god intends for you to not understand. *
No, but God intends to use the foolish things to confound the wise.
Let us not be wise in our own eyes.

RE: * Christianity adopted the idea of the resurrection just as the jews were giving it up. *
The Jews (and Catholics) that I know have not given it up. Perhaps you need to make some more Jewish and Catholic friends.

RE: * Modern jews believe in evolution. *
Modern Christians believe in evolution.
( We are not talking about true followers here in most cases. )
The vast majority of Jews and Christians reject evolution as commonly known.
I have seen believers profess a broad range of heretical views,
But if you are heretical on the core belief, you are not a true believer.

RE: * Your brand of Christianity cannot even accept the discoveries of astronomy, for example that the universe is billions of years old. *
This is simply not true. You apparently have not heard me out ( nor have you asked ).

RE: * since you reject catholism. You must also reject mainstream Protestantism, which I grew up in. They accept evolution and all the rest of modern science. *
I do not reject the core beliefs that follow the Bible, but I do reject the heretical teachings that are interspersed throughout many different denominations.

RE: * But you are just being narrowminded. *
Are you narrowminded to reject the Christianity that I profess ?
Is it narrowminded to hold to absolute truth ?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins