Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Warmest Regards, But I Cannot Chase Illogic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 9, 2003 14:01:27 UTC

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/bigbang/messages/427.shtml
RE: * You got that right. The concept of resurrection is quite confused in Judiaism: *
So, do you now profess not believe Judaism ? Do you believe in the day of resurrection ?
You seem to sound as if you do not know what or whom you believe.
If you are seeking certainty, may I suggest reading the New Testament while asking the Lord to show you the truth about Jesus dying on the cross for you.

RE: * What do you care more about, your body or your spirit? The jewish concept of ressurection is inconsistent with all other religions. Even Christianity. If your soul is already in heaven, what do you care what happens to your body. Let it rot. Let them all rot. *
The Jewish concept of resurrection is not inconsistent with Christianity.
What the Jewish religion seems to have failed in demonstrating to you is that we are body/soul unities. When you repent and accept what Jesus has done for you on the cross, your spirit is born ( again ) in newness of life (eternal), but your body is still the same old body tainted by sin. At the resurrection, our soul is united with its new body prepared by God to last forever.

RE: transmigration
Which “jewish scholars” do you listen to or believe ?
Do you consider Old Testament to have been written by the inspiration of God ?
What about the Talmud and Kabala ?

RE: * The earliest roots of Kabbala are traced to Merkava mysticism.
Does any rabbi that you know believe that the Jewish religion is based on mysticism ?

RE: * The earliest known Jewish text on magic and cosmology, Sefer Yetzira ("Book of Creation"), appeared sometime between the 3rd and the 6th century. *
Does any rabbi that you know believe that the Jewish religion is based on magic or cosmology, or the “Book of Creation” ?
Who is the Bahir ?

RE: * "The spirit returns to god." In another old testament scripture, it returns again and again according to jewish interpretation. *
I do not believe you have discerned the context. Please provide the reference. Thanks.

RE: * The jews did not have it all right from the beginning. For example the concept of the soul came from and was originated by the Greek philosophers. *

Which Greek philosopher proposed this prior to the writing of Genesis 2:7 ?

RE: * In pre-christian Judiaism, the soul was not destined for heaven or hell. People just died and took refuge that there bodies might some day come to life. There was no concept of the soul going to heaven. Soul meant something closer to self than the Greek meaning. *
You seem to be getting further and further from the truth of what you indicated that you believed (Judaism). Did you miss the part about the spirit returning to God when the body dies ?

RE: * But the jews knew about evolution. They knew the order in which life appeared on the earth, except they got the sun being created after vegestation was created. Only one day off. Their characterization of the big bang generating light from the void is pretty accurate as well. *
Do you believe evolution ? Judaism does NOT. I am afraid that your explanation of your belief system has become so illogical that I can no longer follow its contradictions. To claim a belief in something in one breathe and then reject it in another breathe is not really “belief”. Why not just call yourself an unbeliever ?

Unfortunately, you have heard the gospel of how Jesus Christ died for your sin.
Had you not, God would accept your belief in the “UNKNOWN GOD”.
My prayer for you is that you will study the Bible and not allow you vast knowledge to lead you astray from the truth that is found only in a relationship with Jesus.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins