Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is What Jesus Meant

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on September 30, 2003 20:08:20 UTC

RE: LUKEWARM
* What matters according to my interpretation of this passage is that your beliefs must be strong to impress God no matter exactly what your beliefs are. *

I do not agree that we can impress God. All our righteousness is as filthy rags.
Further, I do not agree that what one believes does not matter.
If it did not matter, why would Jesus warn you about false prophets ?
Why would Jesus say I am THE way if there can be many ways ?
If true, then fervent Islamic Jihadists that murder in the name of Allah would be saved.
Remember, Allah had no Son.

You seem to have an uneasiness in accepting the New Testament, but I have yet to figure out all the biases you have toward it. My hope is that I can in some small way help.
You do realize that I believe it was NOT Paul or any rabbis that authored any part of the Bible. “Penned” ? yes. “Spoke” by the moving of the Holy Ghost ? Yes. Authored ? No.

RE: “Only Paul originally Saul could write in Greek and he was not an Apostle. “
I presume you can prove this or are you indicating your best hope ?

Do you believe the Holy Spirit was instrumental in authoring the direct quotes of what Jesus said ? What is your basis ?

I would agree that what Paul penned has been interpreted by some to be often the opposite of what Jesus said. This is no mystery.

RE: *Essentially Paul turned Christianity into a Roman religion rather than the Jewish religion it originally was. I think Paul ruined Christianity *

I don’t find anything outside of pure opinion to rebut here, so I won’t.

Love you brother.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins