Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Ball Of Fire

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe Postma/">Joe Postma on April 27, 1999 23:47:16 UTC

: As far as I know red, orange, and white lights aren't regulation colors to have on an airplane. All the planes I have seen have red lights on them only. The reason why I am calling it a UFO is because that's what it was. We know what planes look like and what we saw wasn't a plane. I'm so fascinated by it because it looked so weird and we didn't and still don't know what it was. If you ask me I think you are a very closed minded person. Why should you be right in saying it was a plane and nothing else. I didn't even claim to have seen a UFO. I don't know what it was I saw but it wasn't a plane. Plus, you weren't even there so how can you say what it is or isn't. Just get over the plane idea.

But it was 12 am, so how could you tell definitively wheather or not it was a plane?-it was dark, all you could see were the lights and that it moved across the sky just like an airplane. The reason I call it a plane is because what else do you call something that flies in the sky? Why am I a closed mined person? Is it because I am not credulous-in that case I take your statement as a compliment. I would rather be skeptical and criticize the situation scientifically than accept everything I hear at face value without asking any questions. I could believe in the Land of Oz then. I was simply giving you a scientific evaluation of the facts you wrote about, and the simplist and most logical conclusion is that it was an airplane of some sort. I ask you again, if it wasn't an airplane, what was it? And don't say UFO because that can mean many things. I will lose the plane idea once I have sufficient evidence to do so, but as yet I do not. I'm simply giving you a plausible explanation. What kind of plane it was I can't answer of course, but it was likely a plane of some sort. I totally agree with you that you were not able to identify the object that you saw, but if you are saying that the object was a spaceship being flown by aliens, I do not agree with you. If I got confused on what you meant by UFO I am sorry, but usually when someone says UFO they are refering to aliens.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins