Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Ball Of Fire

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tracy Collins on April 28, 1999 16:52:08 UTC

: : As far as I know red, orange, and white lights aren't regulation colors to have on an airplane. All the planes I have seen have red lights on them only. The reason why I am calling it a UFO is because that's what it was. We know what planes look like and what we saw wasn't a plane. I'm so fascinated by it because it looked so weird and we didn't and still don't know what it was. If you ask me I think you are a very closed minded person. Why should you be right in saying it was a plane and nothing else. I didn't even claim to have seen a UFO. I don't know what it was I saw but it wasn't a plane. Plus, you weren't even there so how can you say what it is or isn't. Just get over the plane idea.

: But it was 12 am, so how could you tell definitively wheather or not it was a plane?-it was dark, all you could see were the lights and that it moved across the sky just like an airplane. The reason I call it a plane is because what else do you call something that flies in the sky? Why am I a closed mined person? Is it because I am not credulous-in that case I take your statement as a compliment. I would rather be skeptical and criticize the situation scientifically than accept everything I hear at face value without asking any questions. I could believe in the Land of Oz then. I was simply giving you a scientific evaluation of the facts you wrote about, and the simplist and most logical conclusion is that it was an airplane of some sort. I ask you again, if it wasn't an airplane, what was it? And don't say UFO because that can mean many things. I will lose the plane idea once I have sufficient evidence to do so, but as yet I do not. I'm simply giving you a plausible explanation. What kind of plane it was I can't answer of course, but it was likely a plane of some sort. : I totally agree with you that you were not able to identify the object that you saw, but if you are saying that the object was a spaceship being flown by aliens, I do not agree with you. If I got confused on what you meant by UFO I am sorry, but usually when someone says UFO they are refering to aliens.

Okay, I'm not saying it was a spaceship full of aliens, but I am saying it wasn't an airplane. If it was an airplane I wouldn't have posted a message in the first place and me and my friends wouldn't be confused as to what we saw. It wasn't a plane, this I know. I'm not saying it is a UFO though. I just want to know what it was.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins