Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Ball Of Fire

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tracy Collins on April 27, 1999 16:08:40 UTC

: What plane doesn't have lights blinking on it? Its a federal regulation for planes to have lights on them so that you can see then at night, and their colors are always red, white and orange. Have you never saw a plane in the sky before? And when they are in the sky it is very hard to get a distance perception to them because you have nothing near it to compare it with. So a large fast plane that is very high will "appear" to move slowly, and a small slow plane that is low will also move slowly. From your description that it appeared to move "down", I would conclude that it is the former case, because a high airplane will appear to approach the horizon as it moves away from you.

I've seen a few planes in my life, and this wasn't a plane. There were three of us and neither of us thought it looked like a plane. Who are you to tell me that I saw a plane when I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Are you an expert or something?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins