Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Need Help.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Vadim Naroditsky on January 9, 2002 19:10:16 UTC

I just got Meade ETX 125 with Autostar, software and other stuff. I can't seem to figure out how to align Autostar. When I use easy align it points somewhere with no really bright stars and I have no idea to which star I should move it. I try to pick nearest star but after it is "aligned" it does not point correctly to the moon. Am I doing something wrong? I start with telescope horizontal, not tilted to adjust for latitude, and pointed North. Is it right? How exact "North" should be? I can't see Polar or Big Dipper from my location (Wayne, NJ).
Manually I was able to find Jupiter by pure chance, have no idea where to look for Saturn or other planets.
Can anyone give me an advice?
Is anyone living in my area or knows an astronomers club here? I would really appreciate if someone could show me around.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins