Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
DS114mm Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Lori Wetzel on December 31, 2001 17:14:37 UTC

Hi there....just got a new DS114mm scope for xmas and I'm having some trouble getting the viewfinder and the scope in sync. I tried the users manual...which I found quite useless :( ..that didn't work..so I tried my own thing. I set the scope on an object and then tried to adjust the veiwfinder so the object was at least close to the crosshairs. No luck. Why are they off so much?? As you can tell...I'm a newbie and need some help. I'm trying desperately to get this fixed by the weekend so I can catch Jupiter and Saturn. Any other tips on how to align the scope would also be appreciated. I can find some things on my own...but I will surely need the alignment if I want to take some pics. I have no idea what the heck "the home position" is. Thanks bunches.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins