Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fiew Finder

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on December 31, 2001 20:08:59 UTC

The best way to align your finder scope is during the day. The reason your having trouble is because as you adjust the finder scope the object is moving out of the field of the telescope. Point the scope a stationary target during the day. The corner of a roof is usually good. Center it, then adjust the finder scope to get the same corner in the cross hairs. Look back in the scope, you should have them pointing at the same thing now. That should do it. If you don't have time during the day, use the north star Polaris. It never moves from the same spot so you won't have trouble with it moving out of the field. If you want to take pictures you'll need a motor drive. I imaging the home position might be the north star Polaris. The idear here is to polar align the scope so it can track the item across the sky. I never polar aligned my scope. I wasn't into photography so I just "Star Hope" to everything I was looking for. You might want to try that untill you are ready to take pictures. This way you'll spend most of your time observing instead of playing with scope.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins