Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on December 3, 2001 14:04:49 UTC

No observation is lame. Everyone looks at Jupiter and Saturn every time they go. I always mention how they look in every report. You don't need to get to a real dark location but it does help. The darker the better. This weekend was the very bright moon, not good for deep sky observing from any location. Go for the planets and double stars when the moon is bright. I never care whether I'm going North or South or anything. I have a real bad sence of direction. I follow the stars. If you can find the constillations, you should be able to star hop to the item. Make sure you get a look at Saturn. It was to the upper right of where the Moon was when you saw Jupiter. It's just to the left of the bright red star Aldebaran in Taurus. And you can see 4 Moons of Jupiter, if they are all position. Watch he ones that are real close to the Globe. You can see them get closer of ferther away as the night goes on. They will even vanish behind the globe if you catch it at the right time. Good Luck.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins