Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Don't Be Dissapointed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Bumgardner on December 31, 2001 20:50:37 UTC

Hello. I think it is great that we're getting new observers all the time and wanting to get out there and observe. I just have one thing to tell you. If you want to see all these great galaxies and clusters that you see in pictures and on your box that the telescope came in, your going to need a bigger scope. See apature is the key, it is the size of your mirror and the bigger it is the more light your can gather. The scope you have now, I think it is a EX90?, will be great for planetary and moon observing as you are doing now, but you'll never be able to see more than a few things in the Messier catalog. So once you get everything figured out and how to use it electrically and use the go to function, don't be dissapointed if you can't see what you want to.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins