Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Buy An 10" LX200 Now?? Advice Please

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ed Cafarella on July 2, 2001 19:39:53 UTC

I'm in the market for a new telescope and have my eye on either the Meade 10" LX200 or the Celestron NexStar 11" GPS. I'd really like to get the Meade but I'd hate to buy it now and in six months they come out with a new generation scope with GPS and other gadgets. Has anyone heard any rumors or discussions about Meade updating the LX200? Seems something is going on, first the price drops significantly in the past year and now they're offing a complete set of Super Plossls for free!! Are they trying to get rid of the "old stock" before introducing the new models? Just a thought.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins