Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Something From Nothing (dated Aug 9)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on August 23, 2001 04:44:23 UTC

Rob,

I found your post and read it. Let me just bounce a couple of notions on you:

1. -0 + 0 = 1: If this statement is true in an irrational environment, then why not just imagine that anything can happen? Why can't we all be caught up in some 'temporal nexus' and say that irrationality has produced us with memories, etc. You don't even need time or physical matter, just a moment of consciousness packed full of memories and illusions.

2. Nothing is still something: It is common to consider 'nothing' the most basic element of the world (more basic than randomness, for example), however I don't think this is the case. Nothing requires axioms to define. The axioms of zero (i.e., nothing) would be more fundamental than nothing, correct? If you subtract those axioms what do you have (don't say nothing because I believe you need the axioms to have zero/nothing)?

3. Trouble with an anything is possible irrational world: Whether God emerges from an anything is possible irrational environment or not, it seems that you are trying to combine logic together with this irrational world. How can a logical concept such as God and a universe arise from an irrational world? Maybe it could, I don't know. In my view if the base of reality is irrational then it's turtles of irrationality all the way down.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins