Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Few Thoughts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Matt/">Matt on September 14, 1999 17:39:17 UTC

This is my first time at this site and I have only been able to look over a few of the messages posted. This subject interests me and I always look for new ideas and challenges to my thought in order to refine my beliefs as any reasonable person would. To discuss this topic you would need to be reasonably intelligent, so I hope there is no one discussing this topic close- mindedly. I still look foward to opposition and discussion about my ideas, so I will throw some thoughts out there now. Forgive me if I wander too much or dont put enough reason behind my thoughts, but like I said, I am looking for a reaction.

In my opinion, there is a some higher power beyond nature and human reason. This higher power can not be undersood or labeled by any one religion. To date, the only real testament we have to its existance is the beauty and magnificance that we witness everyday in some form or another. Is it foolish to be religous? Not in my eyes. That is a personal issue that each person needs to resolve for themselves. What is foolish is to believe religous folk foolish upon the burden of proof. God, should he exist in some form, cannot be proven or disproven. God as a creator and nature as the sole cause of creation are equal leaps of faith in terms of proof. Energy cannot be created or destroyed in nature as proved by Einstein and relativity, so where did it come from then. Scientific explanation is quite a stretch in the field of cosmology in terms of the absolute beginning. No definate answers exist despite the fact that some who believe in the Big Bang and other theories criticize religion for no definate answers. The main point of this is to get some reaction and find out who the close minded are here. Looking foward to seeing some follow ups.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins