Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Igorance IS Bliss

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Valkyrie on August 4, 1999 20:17:33 UTC

: ............Like a pitbull to a bone we have clung to the possible misquote in my prior posts. We have cried foul back and forth....YOU CAN"T ARGUE AN OPINION.... because it's just that but you can argue facts, and it depends on what you want to believe of what you have read........but my point in all my prior posts has always been. Evolution is a DEAD.....not dying...... theory. No CREDIBLE scientists would claim to have FAITH in it. www.daystarcom.org has current info in a friendly format.........go there and be enlightened on what the current affairs of the scientific community are. Or get the book The Face That Demostrates The Farce Of Evolution, by Hank Hanegraaf...................THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright! Now we’re getting’ somewhere.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say here. Not the Evolution part, but that’s ok.

You’re right about arguing about opinions and your credibility is going up with me, even if you could only bring yourself to admit the “possibility” of the quote being wrong. It’s a start.

Hey guy, for me, I don’t see how anyone can bring themselves to believe evolution is not a reality with all the evidence around that says it is so, but if you want to be one of the ones who ignores it for personal reasons, it’s ok by me. To that, all I can say is I’m sorry you feel that way as well as the people you take your guidance from. You are the one who chooses your teachers, which is as it should be. I would just caution you to be careful that you don’t buy into dogma that comes from ignorance. I’ve yet to see any so called scientific evidence offered by people who refute evolution who are actually qualified in the science they claim to be experts in. So very many of them actually make up their own degrees and certificates. Watch out. It’s a jungle out there and some of them even hang out on the web site you gave.

What I most don’t understand is why this whole evolution thing is such a threat to some Christians. I’ve been Christian all my life and evolution has never threatened my beliefs. If God did it that way, what’s the problem? Most Christians agree with me on this according to all the polls taken on the subject. My school district had a board member try to get the evolution teaching in biology thrown out of school but people in my district came to fight the board over it. Most of them were from church organizations who said the board should not be listening to radicals who deny the facts of science. (And don’t go off on this “pond scum” thing again because it has nothing to do with what I’m talking about or what I believe.

So, from now on, be polite and considerate enough to admit that what you are saying is your opinion ok? Forget this TRUTH (emphasized by you) nonsense is if you want me to believe you somehow have a handle on what that is that no one else has. None of us do. Why you say it THAT strong, you put people off. On the net, it’s called YELLING. If you YELL that you have the TRUTH, I’ll plug my ears since most people who do are full of it. The Lord may have the TRUTH, but you and me don’t.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins