Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Few Clarifications

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on August 3, 2001 16:29:44 UTC

Mario,

I hope you don't mind, but I moved this discussion to the top:

>>>I agree that labels are useful to classify issues, however I think Harv has been overdoing it. It's great to come to a consensus on the meaning of terms, but I got the impression that Harv is trying to argue based solely on the labels instead of trying to settle disagreements.But I hate it when people argue based solely on those labels. If I am a theist according to Harv, so what? My opinions on the issue haven't changed, and I still disagree with him.>>Weak Theist: Someone who believes in a sentient creator (anything less than sentient I don't think would qualify as God; hence, no theism)>Weak Agnostic: Someone who says we can't know whether or not God exists, but believes in some form of divine power, whether sentient or not.Weak Atheist: Someone with no belief in God.>Strong Atheist: Someone with belief in no God.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins