Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Forgive Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 25, 2001 14:54:53 UTC

Dick,

I'm really sorry about what I wrote. I just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine, so to speak, but if I think it's not the right thing to do I shouldn't have done it myself. I really regret it, I'm very sorry.

I don't think you are an idiot at all, I've read every single post you wrote on this forum, as far back as I could find them. Except for the ones where you lost your temper, there is hardly a post by you which didn't help me understand something better, and I thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us. I only wish you had the patience and self-control that are required to explain difficult concepts that are foreign to most people's mindsets. Not that I'm good at that myself but then I don't have much of importance to say, you do.

As you pointed out before, I'm not the best person around to evaluate your solution to the problem, yet even if I understood only 5% of your ideas, that has helped me quite a lot. I'm glad that you admit that I at least understood the basic problem you set out to solve, and like you I'm frustrated that others can't see what is so obvious. Perhaps if you take the time to explain the problem to others in their own terms they might understand it, perhaps they might not, but if you fail at least you can understand what makes the problem so obscure to others. I can guarantee you that it's not due to any intellectual shortcomings, people like Harv, Alex, Mario, are extremely bright and lucid, the problem is certainly one of communication.

Anyway, too much ranting, I just wanted to apologize. If you're willing to collaborate with this discussion, you are most welcome as long as you refrain from insulting others. As I said I'm not good at that myself but I'm trying hard, I realized (not that long ago :) that I'm not the only intelligent being on the planet, even though sometimes it looks that way.

Respectfully,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins